Sunday 1 November 2020

Sunday 1st November

 November, another lock down which was inevitable!  Was it only me who noticed the spike when students went to or back to university in September.  Long distance teaching and now they are stuck when I'm sure they'd rather be at home..........  At least we may be able to visit family at Christmas but there could be another lockdown afterwards 

*(this is all my opinions and no one else's)*

What have to you been doing?  I sorted all my fabrics and have been making lap quilts as Christmas presents.  I can show you the ones I have made so far as the recipients are not on this platform.  I'm making ten in all.  Here are the first three.  The top part has already been made just needs wadding (batting) and backing and quilting.  (click on them to take a closer look)




Noticed toadstools in with my special rose, this is what happens when you use horse poo straight from the field and the recent cold very damp days!


Had lovely time with friends two weekends ago.  Oh but my poor legs feet!  I walked down from Lynton to Lynmouth, then we stopped at Tarr Steps on Exmoor, and walked all round the correct Coronavirus way, we could have snuck back the way we came but we didn't and was good!  I walked 5.3miles that day, not used to walking that distance!  Made chicken curry before they picked me up in the morning and warmed it up when we got back.  It went down really well after such a long busy day.





On Friday last a beautiful whole rainbow stayed in the sky for more than an hour



Since the update of blogger last time. anyone else had this problem?  I used to be able to line up all my photos, used the ones I wanted then go go to use the rest but only to go back and fined they have disappeared and I have to go and find them again from the file on the computer.


3 comments:

  1. Your walk looks lovely. It feels good to get out and blow away the cobwebs doesn't it, especially just now. And to return home to some home made curry - delicious!
    The lap quilts are gorgeous. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with your lovely walk, good to get out isn't it😊
    As for the lockdown and uni students ... don't get me started. My youngest is at uni, sharing with his girl, lessons on line... paying double rent and full fees....for what?
    And yes blogger is awful, persist, you eventually get used to it. But if your pictures are not centred, press the "right side" setting first, then the "centre" setting, and your picture move to the middle. Most annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The things my grand-daughter tells me when she comes for lunch about college. It makes my hair stand on end! Thank goodness she is a sensible girl and avoids the stupidity of some groups of students. We have a night curfew at present but there is talk of another lockdown..sigh!! I was thrilled to see these lovely photos of Tarr steps. I remember several wonderful excursions there. The bridge is certainly looking better in your photos,it was badly in need of repair! It is good to see they are taking care of it. Love those lap quilts...they are all lovely and such a very nice gift!! Stay safe and keep well. Amanda x http://craftyinthemed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete