Sunday 29 March 2020

Sunday 29th March

Week One

................................or is it  week two.  
Week one for official lock down, how are you all doing?  

Are you all surviving?  

What have you been doing?

I listen to Radio4Extra on the i-player - currently listening to the unabridged "proper" version of Agatha Christie's The Pale Horse.  Circa-1993.
Still not concentrating properly though......

Last Saturday, and I'm still here to tell the tale..........  
I made Mac & Cheese, nothing unusual in that you would say but............


Pasta dated March 2018
The Christmas 2018 we thought my husband was recovering.  He helped me to sort the larder and and we sorted stuff in date order.  This was put onto the bottom shelf to be used first but as they say life got in the way in 2019 with one thing or another.


Cheese dated 6th February.  
Was given to me last November because my son and family were going out to New Zealand.  

The milk was fresh and I chopped a tomato to put inside (try it it's quite nice and doesn't dry out like on top) the Mac & Cheese I had fresh milk and some flour.


Doesn't look much here but it was delicious!

I have also been having this on my toast in the mornings


Robertson's Ginger Shred dated May 2018

The jar had never been opened.  I must have bought it to use in ginger cake.

I have been crafting but not going to show till I have finished.  Is there anyone else like me?  If I show a work in progress it tends to go on the "unfinished pile" or the "never to see the light of day again" pile and I have a few of both.  

I know I showed this the other day.  It is being finished slowly amongst other things but don't work on it everyday as I gave the recipients a photo of it as a Christmas present so it had been promised and so it will get finished!  I just didn't have time to finish before Christmas.










4 comments:

  1. Macaroni cheese is ideal comfort food, in my humble opinion. I would have used up those items too. No sense in wasting anything which is perfectly edible, especially at the moment. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just shows that out of date stuff is fine on the whole. You've made me want to buy a pot of ginger marmalade now, lol. Haven't had that for years. Stay safe Julie.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of people will be finding things out of date in their pantry as they are having a sort out whilst having time to do jobs they have been putting off.
    love and blessings x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're finding ways of using things up Julie. Me too! My cupboards have never been so well sorted since all this began. Hope you are well. x

    ReplyDelete