Wednesday 11 March 2020

Wednesday 11th March,

Just over one week into March.  I don't seem to have done much......  
I'm listening to  BBC Radio 4extra whilst typing this.  I'm listening to D H Lawrence's The Rainbow.  I'm not sure I'm taking it in whilst listening.  I haven't been able to pick up a book for a while now.  I just cannot concentrate on anything.  

I have been quilting though.  January 2018 I treated myself to block of the month from Sew and Quilt.  I never started it until 1st July 2018 and it got me through quite a few bad days and daily hour and half long journeys early in the mornings on the bus visiting my husband in hospital.  

I caught up with all twelve boxes by January 2019.  Joining the patches from each box as I went, and finished. Then life got in the way again........  See this post.  

Patchwork of the Crosses

I decided I wanted to quilt it.  I started quilting it just before Christmas and completed the first part of quilting at the weekend.  

I now cannot find the fabric to finish the quilt off with so a-hunting I will go!







4 comments:

  1. The quilt is stunning Julie and such lovely colours too! I know what you mean about reading. I have so many books on the go but my mind is often found elsewhere and not concentrating on the pages of text! I hope you find just the right fabric to finish off your quilt. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, that is so lovely. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting is amazing! I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear that you,ve been through such a sad time . I had wondered where you had gone , couldn't find your blog . I can't find the where to "follow" you button on here now , but I am popping in from time to time . hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete