Saturday 20 March 2021

Saturday 20th March

 Spring

Vivaldi's Spring

The 
Spring Equinox is the first day of spring season and occurs when the sun passes the equator moving from the southern to the northern hemisphere. The North Pole begins to lean toward the sun again. Day and night have approximately the same length. The posh name for Spring Equinox is Vernal Equinox.

By the meteorological calendar, spring will always start on 1 March; ending on 31 May

All this week I have been feeling bleurgh.... Not helpful being on your own either, so I watched too much television and knitted.  Think I feel better now!

**********

Sunrise and Sunset

Joining in with I live, I Love, I craft Scavenger Hunt 


I live in an East West house.  I see the sunrise and the sunset
Sorry the photos are not brilliant I know. The sunrise and sunsets this week were brighter than they look.  The photos were taken this week........

The sunrise.

Sunset


5 comments:

  1. I love Vivaldi's Four Seasons, my favourite is the Nigel Kennedy version but that might be because that was the one I listened to in full for the first time and fell in love with it. Feeling rubbish is no good and I agree knitting is good for you :)
    Our more recent sunsets have been very pale too, I had to use the more exciting ones from January :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you can see both sunrises and sunsets, we can only see the latter. I agree with Hawthorn, the sunsets have been very pale this week so I had to use some from either Africam or my limited archives (I have lost hundreds of photographs moving from one computer to another - did something wrong 😕)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I do find it hard to capture the true colours and scale of sunsets; I don't seem to be up early enough for sunrises but then I no longer have to go to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a couple of nice sunsets here during the week but I didn't get to see much of them as I was at work. Sorry you've been feeling a bit rubbish, I hoped the knitting helped to lift the mood :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to see the east and the west so easily!
    I hope having the weather nicer and spring showing up will cheer you up and hopefully get you outside to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete