Monday 20 January 2020

20th January

6.30am put the rubbish out on a very cold frosty morning, very boring but one of those mundane jobs that needs  to be done!  

Yesterday I went to my son's for birthday gift giving.  
Friday 10th January was my grandson's 9th birthday and one of my granddaughter's 6th birthday.


My Tiger Came to Tea
Before I went I baked Rock Cakes  Because of two of my granddaughters being dairy free, instead of using milk I put in freshly squeezed orange juice and multi-coloured glace cherries (and dairy free spread - Vitalite).  We had the usual don't like cherries nanny and my reply was they are exactly the same recipe we had on the beach last summer so they were then happy to eat them.





4 comments:

  1. My youngest son's two girls are so, so fussy with food, both are like twigs. I feel as though I want to feed them up, lol
    Rock cakes bought back memories, I used to make loads of them when the kids were all at home.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The comment made me smile, my bother used to sniff everything - open a sandwich and sniff the contents, didn't matter where we were he still did it, sometimes he got so told off by my parents.
    Love the tiger onsey, that's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grandchildren are growing so quickly! I love a good rock cake with or without cherries! x

    ReplyDelete