Saturday 8 February 2020

8th February

Well where did last week go?  
It was a particularly busy week.  I went to a friend Monday evening, Tuesday was Dentist in the morning and met Heather for coffee.  When I got home later that morning I prepared a lunch for Janice and I then we went to a Smocking class.   Something I have always wanted to learn.


Needle Case kit


The lady who took the class prepared a practice piece.
The kit comes with threads pre-gathered fabric and other fabrics to make the case.

Thursday I met Janice again and when to the flower club lunch.  We went to Foxes a hotel in Minehead.  We had Roast Gammon followed by chocolate cake.  A few years ago they did a TV series about Foxes.  Google "The Strangest Hotel" you can see it on YouTube.

And Friday went to Tiverton to Heathcoats.  
Although my son lives in Tiverton I have never actually been..............  
I went with my friend Jane and her friend.  Heathcoats has a history in the town and the National Trust now owns his house.  Built on a hill so he could see and make sure his workers were not late for work!









2 comments:

  1. The smocking looks lovely. Sounds like you have had some really nice times this past week with friends, no wonder it seemed to pass by quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smocking is so pretty. I've never tried it. Arilx

    ReplyDelete