Sunday 26 April 2020

Sunday 25th April

Week Five

Another week of doing whatever.........
What have you been doing?

I had another walk into town to collect medication and pay my credit card.  
I've even had fish and chips home delivery which was lovely as I didn't have to prepare a meal for myself.

Home Delivery - very yummy!
Sorry going to have a moan...........

I went to take a photo of the black bin in my garden, put there by my neighbour.  He had a delivery of cement and wood and obviously just put it there temporarily - three days later it was still there, his wife walked past it twice!  I was a bit cross as he does take liberties.  I took the photo really to show my family. You see we previously had a really awful neighbour who used to swear out of the window at me and other people so I'm quite wary of what is happening.  (I had to involve the police with the previous neighbour).  As I did so a woman walked past and knew exactly what I was doing, taking photos.  The dog stopped and the woman extended her dog's lead and just kept walking.  Just see her head far left by dark car.  After she disappeared I went out to check to see what I was left, luckily the dog just watered the dandelion.  Mind you I have haven't seen her walk past since!


I finished this this week.  I do have to have to say I do feel proud of myself only because I actually finished it!

Patchwork of the Crosses

The Patchwork of the Crosses.  
Block of the month from Sew and Quilt.  This quilt got me through a lot over the last two years.
1st July 2018 I started the January box.    I cut out fabric and took the templates on the 7am bus every morning, an hour and half journey for about three months visiting my husband whilst he was in hospital.  The day he was discharged my dad went into hospital.  I finished the quilt top by Christmas 2018.


2019 a fun year..... NOT!  
My dad passed away in February followed ten weeks later by my darling husband but I kept calm and carried on..... I bought some wadding and and a king size sheet for the backing.  I carefully pinned the layers together on my friend's kitchen table November 2019 and then hand quilted around each cross.  I didn't want to rush the quilting and actually just finished it this week. 
My lovely friend Val offered to wash it for me and hung it on her line.  I was able the take a photo of the quilt in her beautiful garden.



The bright acid yellow Laburnum flowers made full appearance yesterday afternoon as it always does this time of year for two weeks.  
(Such a very pretty tree, but the whole tree is poisonous)

The Song of the Laburnum Fairy
by Cicely Mary Barker

All Laburnum's
Yellow flowers
Hanging think 
In happy showers.-
Look at them!
The reason plain
Why folks call them
"Golden Rain"!
"Golden Chains"!
They call them too.
Swinging there
Against the blue.




3 comments:

  1. Oh my! The fish and chips look amazing. I've been craving some 'proper' fish and chips this week.
    And your quilt is gorgeous, Julie. I can't begin to imagine how much work has gone into it. Is it in regular use yet? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost smell those fish and chips.
    An amazing quilt, filled with sadness I can imagine as you finished it. It's certainly stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing your beautiful quilt. Certainly looks a labour of love. Isn't it a nuisance to have inconsiderate neighbours? We have some over the back that seem to have a bonfire on a hot and sunny day. The smoke always comes across to my house and garden especially if there is washing on the line. x

    ReplyDelete