Sunday 5 April 2020

Sunday 5th April

Week Two

Moan first - sorry.........
They have stopped collecting the garden waste bin, and garden centres are closed so all that is left is to cut the grass and weed but the garden bins are not being collected.  Just going around in circles!  I did cut the grass..............  dread to think what the garden bin will smell like after a few really hot days and grass cuttings and the Three Cornered Leek I've been pulling up.  The Leek has taken over the front and back gardens.  They've been in the garden spreading for far too long!  I thought gardening was good for mental health........
I will cut the grass more regularly from now on and just leave the cuttings on the grass.  It s just the grass was very long and this was its second cut.
Sorry for rant!

Three Cornered Leek

Three Cornered leek is edible but there is so much of it in my garden.......

Something from nothing lunch.  
In the fridge there was a mushroom stir-fry and bacon.  Cupboard tin of pineapple.  Chips and peas from the freezer.
This cooked in the time it took to cook the chips.


Layer half of the pack of the mushroom stir-fry in a dish.
(I used the lid of a casserole dish)


Cover the stir-fry with the bacon as if it was a pastry top.


.......and very tasty it was too!

I made lemon muffins yesterday for myself and my friend Jane who has been shopping for me.  I feel guilty about her going shopping, but she says she is happy to go. 

I tried one straight from the oven!

For those of you who like poetry, I put a poem on my blog yesterday  
As it made me think we do have time now........  
And there is a poem on Simone's blog too, worth a read

I passed this wall the other day when I went to the letter-box!






4 comments:

  1. I would never have thought of using stir fry like that but it obviously worked. This virus has me doing a lot more cooking than normal and that's no bad thing, I'd got really lazy.
    The wall is beautiful.
    Keep safe Julie.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a three cornered leek! It is so pretty! With your grass cuttings, is there anywhere in the garden you could pile it up? I put mine in a compost bin and layer up with shredded newspaper and vegetable peelings and it goes towards making a good compost. Your stir fry bake with chips and bacon looks very tasty! Take care Julie. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, welcome back to the world of blogging.
    I'm missing my grandchildren too, they grow and change so quickly.
    We had an invasion of 3 cornered leek/chives things in one of the polytunnels back in smallholding days. At first I thought how pretty - then they went mad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three corners leek.... a new one to me, but its really pretty.
    Tasty lunch, but the muffins get the gold star.

    ReplyDelete