Sunday 10 May 2020

Sunday 10th May

Week Seven

Well how was your week?  
I have to be honest I lost the days, I thought yesterday was Sunday for a while.

I have done some gardening.  I put in a newly purchased rose from David Austin Roses in.  A bit of an extravagant purchase but there was a reason why.  I have two really lovely friends who help me by shopping or help me with my accounts.  I buy them flowers and bake cakes for them every so often and have made things like bags and quilts.  This time |I thought a rose might be nice.  Val had The Ancient Mariner.  Her and her husband Mark have a dinghy which they sail off Porlock but haven't been out in it since last year, it is also a  poem local to us as Samuel Taylor Coleridge lived on Exmoor.  Jane had Ballerina, I couldn't get belly dancer as that is her hobby!  I had Fairy because that's where faeries live don't they, at the bottom of the garden!

my pretty "posh" tulips still going strong

frog/toad in Val's pond
I went for a walk into town  with Jane last week.  
Note to self don't mow two lawns then walk into town the next day...........
Lat's just say I had a very restful day on Friday


I take photos of Weather Vanes.  
This one was seen on the walk to town.
Jane and I also spotted this Arum lily growing on the bank of the local stream


*************************************************

All weekend this is the song everyone seems to be singing.  
Looking forward to seeing my family so much so I dedicate it to them also to the friends I had arranged to meet up with before the lockdown

We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day
Keep smiling through
Just like you always do
'Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away
So will you please say hello
To the folks that I know
Tell them I won't be long
They'll be happy to know
That as you saw me go
I was singing this song
We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day
We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day
Keep smiling through
Just like you always do
'Til the blue skies
Drive the dark clouds far away
So will you please say hello
To the folks that I know
Tell them it won't be long
They'll be happy to know
That as you saw me go
I was singin' this song
We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day


5 comments:

  1. I have to agree with being confused this weekend, yesterday was definitely Sunday until I realised that today is actually Sunday..... what a change in the weather today though. Our village was filled with Vera Lynn's singing most of Friday. It was a different kind of weekend, something we could not have done before or probably again, as the main street through the village was very quiet. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We often have to ask each other what day it is, one day merges into another for us. I love the little froggy poking his nose out of the water. Have a good weekend Julie.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been off work all week, and I can see how easy it is to get muddled with the days. I've lost track myself. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only now today is Sunday as I have some special medication today and keep a diary to record it. It's been much needed in these past few weeks as all the days seem the same.
    The rose is a lovely gift for each of your friends.
    Have a lovely week Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you will show a photo of your rose when it is in flower Julie. I fancy a David Austen rose too and have been salivating over the roses catalogue! I bet your friends were thrilled with your rose choices for them. Have a lovely day. It is Tuesday today and I am hoping that the week warms up nicely. x

    ReplyDelete