Sunday 31 May 2020

Sunday 31st May

Week Ten

Hello......  

What has everyone been up to?

The weeks and days pass........ to me they are normal except I have have more hours in each day, that's because I don't have to go anywhere.  No appointments, no meeting with friends for coffee in town.  I do meet with friends but they live five minutes away.  I've had picnics and just cuppas in the garden either at friends or they come to me.  Being on my own  if I don't see another human I will go crazy!

I'm sure Boris and friends have not really thought out what they say.  

We can visit in personal gardens but we cannot drink much because what goes in has to come out........ I'm desperate to see my grandchildren but cannot because I would have to spend the day without a drink and I do like a cuppa when I arrive after a long journey, but saying that I think we can use the bathroom as long as we wash our hand thoroughly and clean the facilities after use.


I live in a seaside town, we also have one of those large holiday camps too which isn't open but when it does I dread to think what may happen. Our public loos are not open and quite honestly you only use those in a dyer emergency!

I have been gardening but not much making indoors.  Yesterday I mowed the lawns.  I did it quite early, well early-ish before the the day got too hot.  I garden early too I don't do the heat very well.








I neglected my gardens for two years so a restoration is needed.  
I am amazed that things are flowering



I put this rose in the garden thirty years ago.  Every year it gets pruned to virtual ground level and every year it flowers!  I thought it was called Handel but not so so sure? 
If anyone can help please say.


I got fed up with the hanging basket.  Well I like hanging baskets but things never survive in mine despite of the twice a day watering.  So this year I decided to just put pots in and as the flowers die off I can just replace them.


This is my Christmas tree which seems to have growth.  
It came from here last year.





I will tell more about this rose another day........

3 comments:

  1. You have some lovely garden plants Julie. I like the idea of putting a pot in the hanging basket rather than potting up the basket and as you say you can take the plant out if it dies or just if you want a change. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden plants are looking good, maybe a new hobby for you that will interest you and be the envy of your friends when they come to visit and drink tea with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks beautiful. Arilx

    ReplyDelete