Sunday 7 June 2020

Sunday 7th June

Week Eleven

What a week! 
Hot sunshine, had tea on the lawn with friends Monday and Tuesday.  then the weather changed!  Rain wind, had to find a jumper I put then away a few weeks back.  I haven't got much to show and I haven't done much only pulling up the the bindweed before it notices what I'm doing.....

Thank you for the lovely comments about my garden.  It is hard-work but we all know gardening is hard-work. 

Simone - I got fed-up with the hanging baskets dying on me.  I'd water them twice a-day and even bought special plant food but all to no avail the wind and sun got the better of me.  This year the idea struck I am growing seeds that hang and Val gave me the nasturtium so I though I would just put the pots in the hanging baskets and knew if they didn't like it in the hanging basket I could plant them in the garden without too much disturbance to the other plants.

Julie - my friend's garden is far nicer than mine.  Mind you she bought her house for the garden because the previous owners were gardeners and they also employed a gardener.  Val kept the gardener on if he wanted to stay but he only goes in once a week just the tidy round and and mow the grass.  Well that was up until earlier this year.  Val spent every all day in the garden since lockdown I can only manage an hour in mine!  BUT I do have a garden to aspire to and she kindly gives me plants from her garden.  I have a saying in my garden - the plants are only allowed in only if they can look after themselves!  In other words the plants have to be hardy.  But, yes, it may well turn into a new hobby!

Aril - thank you for the lovely comments.  As I previously said it is hard work and I can only manage an hour out there.









This is the rose I have for the memory of my husband who passed away last year.

Click to enlarge
This is my son's memory rose. 
Not too bad for living on neglect - don't ask......
Five children!  
He watered it with grey-water after he mopped the floor from the twin babies meals from around their high-chairs and a few prompts from me on exceptionally hot days
This one is called Remember Me.

I joined #30dayswild
















My first weeks pictures

2 comments:

  1. Great pics for the 30 days wild.
    Roses are so beautiful, such a lovely colour yours are.
    You'll pick up lots of gardening tips from your friend if she gives you nurtured plants. Gardening is addictive.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rose is beautiful- an absolutely stunning colour.

    ReplyDelete