Sunday 24 May 2020

Sunday 24th May

Week Nine

Well another week has passed with this lockdown.  Monday I had lunch with my friend Sue.  She brought her lunch with her and we sat together in the garden.  She lives in a flat.  Tuesday afternoon had a cuppa with Janice and Thursday elevenses with Denise all in the front garden but now avoiding the Laburnum Tree as the petals are shedding and the tree is turning green............


click on picture to enlarge

This week I have done other things as well as the usual gardening.  Decided the only way to keep the weeds at bay was to go out most days.  Yesterday morning I was out in the garden at 7am.  I even held a conversation to a friend who was going for a walk.  She wanted to see if her friend was OK.  When she got back we had coffee in the front garden.


On Tuesday was my friend Jane's birthday.  I made her a cake and made a shopping bag.  I forgot to photo the bag because of my eager to wrap the present.  The cake part is vegan.  

I also gave another friend one of my Lap Quilts.

click on picture to enlarge

I was inspired by Helen Philips' quilts.  
There are thirty six different coloured fabric in the quilt.


I made cheesy chips with some left-over fish and chip supper I had.   I was inspired by this recipe but I only used cheese and ground pepper but I made a small amount of the sauce mix.  The cheesy chips were quite delicious and lovely for a treat!

This picture was emailed to me by a friend.  
I thought is quite funny!

click on picture to enlarge

4 comments:

  1. That's nice that you were able to get together with a friend. That must have been a real treat. Your cake looks really pretty. I had to laugh at the Monotony board, lol Have a nice Sunday! PS - those chips are great. I have some leftover from our fish and chips last night and am going to treat us again! Yes, I am very naughty. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much beauty and deliciousness to savor.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to read you are managing good times with your friends.
    The cake looks delicious and the quilt a wonderful gift.
    Love the monotony board, that's fun.
    Have a good week Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy Julie! The cake looks delicious with its 4 different toppings. Beautiful lap quilt. I like a good game of monotony! x

    ReplyDelete