Sunday 17 May 2020

Sunday 17th May

Week Eight

Who came up with this one?

I can go to the park and meet a friend but I cannot go into her garden.  Well my friend has a side gate and I for one and her are carrying on as we were. (I'm a bit of a rebel on the quiet!)  I also have friends in my garden but front only because you cannot access my back because you do have to go through the house or garage.

I had a phone call from NHSCoronavirus asking/checking up on me.... 
Had I had a letter? No!  
Is anyone doing my shopping? Yes! 
How is my mental health and before I had time to answer she said goodbye!  
Apparently I'm vulnerable...... it's a bit late now!  

Good job I've been self isolating!!!

Rant Over

I been gardening, my kind friend Val has given me loads of plants from her garden so I try and put them in straight away!







All the above I put in last summer




After last weeks sharp winds I found the yellow tulip had been sheared off.




The shorter tulips are now coming into bloom. 
Saw Gardeners World the other week, Monty Don re-planting tulips in the garden after they have gone over.

******************

I didn't write this, I found it on facebook last week
I think I’ve worked it out....  
* 4 year olds can go to school but university students who have paid for their tuition and the accommodation that they aren’t living in, can’t go back to university.

* I can go to school with many 4 year olds that I’m not related to but can’t see one 4 year old that I am related to.
* I can sit in a park, but not tomorrow or Tuesday but by Wednesday that’ll be fine.
* I can meet one person from another household for a chat or to sunbathe but not two people so if I know two people from another household I have to pick my favourite. Hopefully, I’m also their favourite person from my household or this could be awkward. But possibly I’m not. In fact, thinking about it, I definitely wouldn’t be. But as I can’t go closer than 2m to the one I choose anyway so you wouldn’t think having the other one sat next to them would matter - unless two people would restrict my eyeline too much and prevent me from being alert.
* I can work all day with my colleagues but I can’t sit in their garden for a chat after work.
* I can now do unlimited exercise when quite frankly just doing an hour a day felt like I was some kind of fitness guru. I can think of lots of things that I would like to be unlimited but exercise definitely isn’t one of them.
* I can drive to other destinations although which destinations is unclear. I was supposed to be in Brighton this weekend. Can I drive there? It’s hundreds of miles away but no one has said that’s wrong.
* The buses are still running past my house but I shouldn’t get on one. We should just let empty buses drive around so bus drivers aren’t doing nothing.
* It will soon be time to quarantine people coming into the country by air... but not yet. It’s too soon. And not ever if you’re coming from France because... well, I don’t know why, actually. Because the French version of coronavirus wouldn’t come to the UK maybe.
* Our youngest children go back to school first because... they are notoriously good at not touching things they shouldn’t, maintain personal space at all times and never randomly lick you.
* We are somewhere in between 3.5 and 4.5 on a five point scale where 5 is all of the virus and 1 is none of the virus but 2,3 and 4 can be anything you’d like it to be really. Some of the virus? A bit of the virus? Just enough virus to see off those over 70s who were told to self isolate but now we’ve realised that they’ve done that a bit too well?
* The slogan isn’t stay at home any more.So we don’t have to say at home. Except we do. Unless we can’t. In which case we should go out. But there will be fines if we break the rules. So don’t do that.
Don’t forget...
Stay alert... which Robert Jenrick has explained actually means Stay home as much as possible. Obviously.
Control the virus. Well, I can’t even control my dogs and I can actually see them. Plus I know a bit about dogs and very little about controlling viruses.
Save lives. Always preferable to not saving lives, I’d say, so I’ll try my best with that
one, although hopefully I don’t need telling to do that. I know I’m bragging now but not NOT saving lives is something I do every day.
So there you are. If you’re the weirdo wanting unlimited exercise then enjoy. But not until Wednesday. Obviously.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of lovely colour in your garden.
    I like the thought of you as a rebel lol

    ReplyDelete