Sunday 26 July 2020

Sunday 26th July

Another week gone by.....

How has your week been?  
My days and weeks just merge into one, anyone feel the same?   I am getting lots done slowly though


Sat down to the computer and saw this........ normally unless I'm at a friend Val's house who has a wonderful view I only normally see a quarter.



Lemon Drizzle Cake

I have great friends!
They tried a cake I had never made before with the above ingredients.  
I have a  daughter-in-law trying to stave off stage 2 diabetes, a granddaughter on a doctors diet for gluten free and a granddaughter who is dairy free,

Val and Mark said the cake was lovely but then I was drinking tea and eating cake with them.  
Jane said the texture was quite close as if it was stale.  I actually felt the same........  I will try making again as sometimes if you over beat that's what happens.

I found the recipe here


I finished my granddaughter's birthday present, she will be eleven in three weeks time.
I don't know if it was me but I cut each pieces correctly and double checked measurements but there was a mistake which was easy to correct.
The pattern is called Lisa the Unicorn by Elizabeth Hartman

***************************
A Tip:
I couldn't get a zip long enough. 
I needed 24" zip, so two 12" had to do, stitched end-to-end works very well.




1 comment: