Friday 12 February 2021

Friday 12th February

 Spent all day Wednesday sorting out the Freeview Box.  I rang my provider, who came back my phone line is OK.  I quite clearly said You View, then my husband's cousin rang we nattered for about an hour or so.  When I put the phone down from her I rang my provider back, answered the questions hopefully clearly as I could and then the question is it about the problem already in hand, answer Yes!  I got a voice I could just about understand and she said can you do this and and this with the box, I obliged.  After about and hour she said I needed a new box.  I knew I needed a new box, I needed an upgrade as it had been on its last legs over the last couple years and gave yesterday.  I had had the box since day one of Freeview.  It made me think though.  There was someone taking control of my telephone, internet and TV at the other end of the phone line!


Thursday morning off to the hospital.  

I was OK.  Found I couldn't sleep on that side but other than that fine.




Last Sunday was my friend Jane's birthday.  I made the above daffodils and Ascot scarf and the bag, card, cakes and flowers as I did Val


Made this jumper for my new grandson in New Zealand, when it gets there it should fit!


 Scavenger Hunt

Joining in with I live, I Love, I craft Scavenger Hunt 

Starts with W

This one was quite difficult so I'm afraid another lesson..........

W for Wisdom

Athena

Goddess of Wisdom. war and the craft, and the favourite daughter of Zeus. Athena was, was perhaps, the wisest, most courageous, and certainly the most resourceful of the Olympian gods.


Minerva

Roman goddess of Wisdom, medicine. commerce, handicrafts, poetry, the arts in general, and later, war.


Frigg

 Goddess in Germanic mythology. In Norse mythology, the source of most surviving information about her, she is associated with foresight and wisdom, and dwells in the wetland halls of Fensalir.

Owl

The owl was a symbol for Athena, goddess of wisdom and strategy, before the Greeks gave their pantheon human forms. According to myth, an owl sat on Athena's blind side, so that she could see the whole truth. In Ancient Greece, the owl was a symbol of a higher wisdom, and it was also a guardian of the Acropolis.


According to ancient folklore in the West, the owl is considered a wise, silent and solitary bird of prey associated with lunar deities - symbols of wisdom, wiser even than the eagle - the totem bird of the Sun Kings. 


It goes back to the ancient Greek goddess of wisdom, Athena, having an owl as her symbol. I had one Naturalist tell me once that owls came to represent wisdom because of their large eyes and their success in hunting at night and catching creatures that humans weren't able to detect.

 (All W for Wisdom sourced from Google)




8 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, Good to see you have had your vaccine. It is all very slow here they are just going to start with the 80 yr olds then it will be adults up to 55 yr old in certain professions. All hospital staff are covered now so they say which is as it should be. Lovely gifts for your friend's birthday especially those daffodils you have made :-) keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie those daffodils are lovely - how do you make them? they are such a lovely idea for a gift - you clever lady 💐😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the daffodils. They'd last a lot longer than cut or bought ones.... W for Wisdom was very interesting. I think I'll look to Minerva for my handicraft wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the hand made daffodils, and the facts about wisdom, especially the owls, are really interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Facts about wisdom were very interesting. But you missed one thing ....anybody who was brought up on Christopher Robin by A.A. Milne will remember that his owl friend was called Wol (because Owl could not spell) so Owl does begin with a W!!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ! My goodness ! You couldn't sleep on that side ? ! Ouch ! I,m still waiting for mine . Glad you,ve had yours :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bits of wisdom and I love your scarf and other pressies for your friend. My arm was sore for a few days after the vaccine too, but nothing too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scarf...I hope your friend loved it! Arilx

    ReplyDelete