Sunday 9 August 2020

Sunday 6th August

This week............. 

Its been all go here at Julie's house.

I have scaffolding, a painter and a skip!  I'm having my gutters replaced and house painted, all very exciting!  More about that when it is finished

I've also had a wonderful couple of days with these wonderful people.  

I stayed at a Premier Inn for one night.


Weeks before I made the Lisa the Unicorn cushion  A lovely lady contacted me after seeing all my quilts on my instagram.  
She asked me if I would make a quilt for her future grandchild. She explained the family live in USA and gave me some clues of the family.
I emailed a few rough pencil sketches to her and between us came up with the final plan.  
The stars are machined and hand quilted in place, the rocket I created with a Christmas fabric and other fabrics also machined and hand quilted.   
I have to admit I was a bit out of my comfort zone but I thoroughly enjoyed making this quilt and it seems her son and daughter-in-law love it.





5 comments:

  1. Brilliant work. Well done and snap to scaffolding. Ours is being put up to sort out our chimneys plus the painting of the 'high up bits'.
    Stay safe.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely (both the quilt and the little people) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is beautiful. I wish I could be so creative. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive quilt...so original!! I expect they were delighted with it! keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is lovely! Arilx

    ReplyDelete